1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your device when you visit a website that uses them. These cookies can serve a variety of purposes, but their general purpose is to store information which makes your browsing experience smoother and more convenient. For example, when you log into your account, a cookie may be saved which states your logged in. Then you won’t have to log in again next time you browse to our site.
Cookies can come both from the site you’re visiting and third parties who place cookies on our site. Some cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, while others remain and need to be manually deleted.
2. What types of cookies do we use?
On our website, we use three different kinds of cookies:
These are cookies which are required for our website to function. Our site uses these to perform basic tasks like logging you into your account and remembering your privacy settings. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information, and do not track you in any way.
Since these features are integral to the functioning of our website, we can’t offer the option to turn these cookies off. If you still wish to disable them, most browsers offer settings or extensions that can do this for you. However, take note that if you do, some parts of the site may not work properly.
These are cookies that give us more insight into how our visitors use our website. These cookies allow us to count visitors and track how users move through our website. We can use this information to improve our website and offer our customers a more optimal experience. All information these cookies collect is completely anonymous. Nothing these cookies collect can ever be traced back to you. You can choose whether you want to allow these cookies or not.
These cookies come from our business and advertising partners. In other words, they come from external websites run by third parties. They may use these to get an idea of the topics you’re interested in, and then use this information to show you more personalized advertisements on other websites.
These cookies do not store personally identifiable information, but they work using a unique identifying number that’s connected to your browser and device. These cookies may track your activity across multiple websites. You can choose whether to allow these cookies or not. If you choose to not allow them, you will see fewer personalized advertisements.
We use essential cookies to:
- Recognise your login and keep you logged in when you return to our website
- Save your website preferences such as your preferred language and apply them
- Display the correct page for the device that you’re using
- Verify your details and process your payments when you make an order
- We use these essential cookies to allow our website to function and make your browsing experience as convenient as possible.
We use functional cookies to:
- Track visits to our site
- Measure user engagement
- Gather information on how users interact with our site
- Gain information on how users get to our site
- Improve the performance of our site
- All this data is fully anonymous. We use functional cookies to gain data which can give us insight into ways to improve our website. By analyzing this
- data, we can find potential points of improvement, which we can then act upon to improve the site and make your browsing experience better.
Analytical cookies are placed by our partners. These are used to:
- Gain insight into your interests and preferences
- Gain information regarding the effectiveness of our own advertisements
- Serve you more personalized advertisements
- These cookies are used by our partners to target advertisements more effectively. This also allows us to more effectively reach people who may be interested in our services.
4. Changing your cookie preferences
When you visit our website while you haven’t set your cookie preferences, a banner will appear asking you for your choice. Here, you can set your preferences. If you wish to change your cookie preferences, you can do so by clicking here or by clicking the link at the bottom of this page. Alternatively, you can delete our cookies in your browser. Make sure you close our site before you delete them. When you return to our site, you’ll be asked for your cookie preferences again.
5. Deleting existing cookies
We are unable to delete our cookies for you, as they are saved locally on your device. You can delete cookies from our site in your browser’s settings. The way this is done varies between browsers, but generally a feature for this is laid out clearly in your browser’s settings. Please refer to your browser’s support page for more information on how to delete cookies.
If you change your cookie preferences, we will of course follow your new preferences. However, some old cookies from your previous settings may still remain on your device. If you want to delete these, you can do so manually as described earlier.
6. Changes to this policy
7. Contact info